Wiring Diagram for a NEMA L6-30 Receptacle
September 5, 2006
Q: Am installing a NEMA L6-30R locking receptical. Wiring shows X Y G for a 220volt line. Wires are red, black and white which color goes to X Y G?
A: You need to test the wires to determine which wire goes where. A NEMA L6-30R is a 2-pole, 3-wire, 250 volt, 30 amp, locking receptacle. This means that you should have 2 hots and 1 ground. Please see the wiring diagram below.
Do you need assistance with your electrical wiring project? Please visit my DIY Electrical Wiring Help from a Master Electrician page. Where I provide electrical wiring tips, expert electrical advice, answers to your electrical questions and electrical consulting & design services over the phone, via instant messenger or via email.
- Answers To Electrical Questions About Wiring A Dryer Receptacle, Tracing Wires and Wiring High Bay Light Fixtures
- Wiring 2 – 1/2 Switched Receptacles Controlled by 3 Switches
- Converting 220 to 110, Installing a Heater, Exhaust Fan and Light Combination and more
- Installing a Second Phone Line to an Existing Jack
- Answers to Electrical Questions About Wire Size in a Bedroom, Wiring a Switch Loop and Wiring a 3-way Switch