Breakthrough Design Cuts Cost of LED Light Bulbs by 40 Percent
September 20, 2009
Eternaleds, Inc. announces the debut of their Quanta Series LED screw-in replacement bulbs, the world’s first LED flood lights to use a patented cooling technology that makes them 40% cheaper and the first to payback in 2 years with typical usage.
The price of LEDs themselves is dropping steadily but not quick enough. We found the next area to innovate was the use of material and design of the bulb
Our new design increases surface area and air flow while using about 40% less metal than competing products. By purposely using mostly plastic, our bulbs perform better, stay cooler and are priced low enough to pay for themselves in less than 2 years with typical usage.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) September 17, 2009 — LED lighting is still too expensive for the vast majority of consumers despite the 80% energy savings that LEDs give over traditional incandescent lighting. The LED light bulbs that are currently available use similar designs with expensive and heavy metal heatsinks to stay cool that keep the costs of LED bulbs impractical. These types of bulbs generally don’t don’t pay for themselves until after 3-4 years of typical usage. Eternaleds Inc. has introduced the world’s first LED flood lights, the Quanta-9 and Quanta-18, to use a new manufacturing design process that reduces build costs by 40% and allow the bulbs to pay for themselves in less than 2 years at 8 hours usage a day. The Eternaleds Quanta-9 uses 9W to provide the light equivalent of 50W incandescent floodlights while the Quanta-18 uses 18W to provide the light equivalent of 100W incandescent floodlights. Both have a rated lifetime of 35,000 hours.
“The price of LEDs themselves is dropping steadily but not quick enough. We found the next area to innovate was the use of material and design of the bulb” explains Jeff Chan, Founder of Los Angeles-based Eternaleds, Inc. “Our new design increases surface area and air flow while using about 40% less metal than competing products. By purposely using mostly plastic, our bulbs perform better, stay cooler and are priced low enough to pay for themselves in less than 2 years with typical usage.”
Light Emitting Diodes, or LED screw-in light bulb replacements are starting to get more exposure however many people still don’t understand the best places to use them yet. The light they emit is mostly directional, which makes flood and spot lights a prime candidate for replacement with LED. The Eternaleds Quanta series LED light bulbs have the following features:
- Affordably Priced – The current retail price for LED flood lights that replace 50W and 100W incandescent flood lights are $90 and $140. The Quanta-9 and Quanta-18 are 30-40% less expensive at $54.99 and $99.99 respectively.
- 2 year Return On Investment With Typical Usage -The Quanta-9 and Quanta-18 pay for themselves in 2 years at 8 hours usage a day, 1.5 years at 12 hours a day and 8 months at 24 hours usage a day. All figures are based on electricity cost of $0.14/kWh.
- Long Lasting – The Quanta Series bulbs are rated at 35,000 hours or 12x longer than incandescent flood lights. At 8 hours usage a day, they will last 12 years.
The Eternaleds Quanta-9 and Quanta-18 come in two colors, Warm White and Daylight White. They can be ordered directly from Eternaleds.com at a list price of $54.99 and $99.99 respectively. Every purchase comes with a two-year warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee.
Eternaleds, Inc., located in Los Angeles, was founded in 2006, with the goal of helping home and business owners become greener and cut their lighting costs through the use of LED lighting. They are specialists in the area of LED technology, and offer a variety of LED bulbs to meet all needs, including LED Floodlights, LED Globes, LED Spotlights, and LED Under-Cabinet Lighting. They also offer comprehensive energy evaluations, project specification and lighting design advice on lighting retro-fit projects. To learn more about Eternaleds, Inc., visit the Web site at www.eternaleds.com.
Do you need assistance with your electrical wiring project? Please visit my DIY Electrical Wiring Help from a Master Electrician page. Where I provide electrical wiring tips, expert electrical advice, answers to your electrical questions and electrical consulting & design services over the phone, via instant messenger or via email.
- Energy Saving Light Bulbs: CFL verses LED
- What Will Your Lighting Look Like in the Future?
- Save Money and Help the Environment by Replacing Your Standard Incandescent Light Bulb with a Compact Fluorescent
- Shower Stall Recessed Can Shuts Off Then Comes Back On After A Few Minutes
- If I Add A Flood Light, Will I Overload My 15 Ampere Circuit?