Northwestern Energy Offers Energy Saving Tips for Montanans
October 15, 2006
In almost all homes, space and water heating are the biggest energy users followed by refrigeration and lighting. Here they offer some energy saving tips to help you get the most out of your energy dollar.
- Space Heating
- Water Heating
- Clothes Drying
- Other Energy Saving Ideas
- Energy Star® Fast Facts
Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR® Program
NorthWestern Energy is teaming up with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR® Program to support a new public education campaign showing how we can all help the environment through decisions we make at home. Simple changes can, in fact, make a big difference.
Change Five Lights
Change a light and help change the world. Replace your five most frequently used light fixtures, or the bulbs in them, with ones that have earned the ENERGY STAR, and you will help the environment while saving money on energy bills. If every household did it, together we’d prevent more than 1 trillion pounds of air pollution. Well-lighted steps, walkways, driveways and entrances are smart improvements. Installing ENERGY STAR qualified lighting fixtures outdoors for security and safety is always a good idea. Read More
Do you need assistance with your electrical wiring project? Please visit my DIY Electrical Wiring Help from a Master Electrician page. Where I provide electrical wiring tips, expert electrical advice, answers to your electrical questions and electrical consulting & design services over the phone, via instant messenger or via email.
- SmartLabs, Inc. the world’s leading authority in home automation control and parent company to the Smarthome catalog and website, has joined Energy Star to meet consumer demand for more environmentally friendly choices
- Lowe’s Helps Consumers Curb Rising Home Energy Costs
- What Will Your Lighting Look Like in the Future?
- Save Money and Help the Environment by Replacing Your Standard Incandescent Light Bulb with a Compact Fluorescent
- Renewable Energy Solutions