4 Slice Toasters Recalled by Viking Range Corp. Due to Shock Hazard
January 13, 2009
On January 6, 2009 Viking Range Corp., of Greenwood, MS recalled approximately 10,000 four slice electric toasters. Wiring inside the toaster can become loose and contact the toaster body, posing a shock hazard to consumers. Viking has received five reports from consumers who experienced minor shock when touching the outside of the toaster.
The recall involves Viking Professional Four-Slot Toasters, model numbers VT400WH, VT400BK, VT400GG, VT400SG, VT400BR and VT400CB. The toaster has a label on its underside that states in part, “Viking, UL Listed 73D3, Viking Range Corporation, Model VT400 Series”.
These units were sold at culinary products retailers, online dealers, and Viking’s web site from April 2005 through November 2008 for about $300 and manufactured in China.
You should stop using the toaster immediately and unplug it, and contact Viking to obtain a free replacement toaster. For additional information, contact Viking toll-free at (888) 267-4460 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site at http://www.vikingrange.com/consumer/global/content_no_sidemenu.jsp?id=cat12130037
Do you need assistance with your electrical wiring project? Please visit my DIY Electrical Wiring Help from a Master Electrician page. Where I provide electrical wiring tips, expert electrical advice, answers to your electrical questions and electrical consulting & design services over the phone, via instant messenger or via email.
- General Electric Toasters Recalled by Wal-Mart Due to Fire and Shock Hazards
- Digital Timers Recalled by Intermatic Due to Electrical Shock Hazard
- Over-the-Range Microwaves Recalled by Samsung™ Due to Shock Hazard
- Counterfeit Power Cords Sold Exclusively on eBay Recalled by Hanashop Due to Fire and Shock Hazard
- Greenway Home Products Recalls Countertop Water Dispensers Due to Fire and Shock Hazards