Heating and Cooling Units Recalled by Goodman Manufacturing Co. Due to Fire Hazard
April 18, 2008
On April 3, 2008 Goodman Manufacturing Co. L.P., of Houston, Texas voluntarily recalled approximately 1,000 package gas-electric heating and cooling units. The serial plates on the units contain inaccurate information that could result in the use of undersized installation wiring, posing a fire hazard.
This recall involves Goodman single package gas-electric heating and cooling units with model numbers GPG13480901AC, GPG13481151AC, GPG13600901BB, GPG13601151BB, and GPG13601401BB, and with serial numbers beginning 0712, 0801, and 0802. The model and serial numbers are found on the serial plate attached to the control compartment door on the front of the unit.
These units were sold by heating and cooling equipment dealers nationwide from December 2007 through February 2008 and manufactured in the United States.
Goodman is directly contacting consumers with the recalled units to arrange for a free replacement of the serial plates and free inspection of the installation wiring. For additional information, contact Goodman at (800) 394-8084 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or visit the company’s Web site at www.goodmanmfg.com.
Do you need assistance with your electrical wiring project? Please visit my DIY Electrical Wiring Help from a Master Electrician page. Where I provide electrical wiring tips, expert electrical advice, answers to your electrical questions and electrical consulting & design services over the phone, via instant messenger or via email.
- Air Conditioner/Heat Pump (PTAC) Units Recalled by Goodman Company Due to Faulty Power Cords
- Gas Dryers Recalled By General Electric Due To Shock Hazard
- Hearth & Home Technologies® Recalled Fireplace Wall Controls Because High Temperatures Can Result in Property Damage
- Greenway Home Products Recalls Countertop Water Dispensers Due to Fire and Shock Hazards
- Over-the-Range Microwaves Recalled by Samsung™ Due to Shock Hazard