OJ Electronics Recalls Heating System Thermostats Due to Shock Hazard
December 3, 2009
On July 21, 2009 OJ Electronics, of Chicago, IL recalled approximately 30,000 208-Volt and 240-Volt thermostats. The recalled thermostat’s floor sensor or its cable can be damaged from cutting, drilling or nailing. This poses a risk of electric shock to you if the power supply is not disconnected.
The recall involves thermostats that have a built-in GFCI and are designed for use in under-floor heating systems. Thermostats included in the recall are connected to 208-Volt or 240-Volt power supplies (120V units are not included in the recall). They were sold under the brand names of Canisol, Danfoss, Elektra, Momento, OJ Microline, Raychem, Thermosoft, Warmly Yours and Warmup. The brand name is located on the front of the thermostat.
These units were sold at various home improvement stores, tile shops and other retail shops nationwide from January 2004 through December 2008 for between $150 and $200. They were manufactured in Denmark.
You should not cut, drill or nail into the heated floor, and contact the manufacturer to arrange for a free in-home repair. For additional information, contact OJ Electronics at (800) 380-6940 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or visit their Web site at www.ojelectronics.com
Do you need assistance with your electrical wiring project? Please visit my DIY Electrical Wiring Help from a Master Electrician page. Where I provide electrical wiring tips, expert electrical advice, answers to your electrical questions and electrical consulting & design services over the phone, via instant messenger or via email.
- Lamson & Sessions Recalls Floor Electrical Outlets Due to Shock or Electrocution Hazards
- Over-the-Range Microwaves Recalled by Samsung™ Due to Shock Hazard
- L G Sourcing Torchiere Lamps Recalled Due to Fire Hazard; Lamps Sold Exclusively At Lowe’s Stores
- Extension Ladders Recalled by Louisville Ladder Due to Fall Hazard
- Power Supplies Recalled by RadioShack Due to Electrocution and Fire Hazards